Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day 2008

Happy Father's Day Daddy!! Luke had a wonderful Father's Day and weekend. Brooklyn came over on Friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. On Sat. we went to breakfast at Kneaders and had yummy french toast and then after playing we went swimming at at the Lehi pool (Brooklyn's new favorite and bestest pool she says) we swam all day and finally had to drag the shriveled little Brooks out. On Sunday Brooklyn was insistent on trying to wake daddy up at 7. I had to remind her all Dads get to sleep in on Father's Day. So her and I took bath/shower, got ready for the day and when daddy woke up we HAD to open presents right then!! Brooklyn had a beautiful picture of her taken dressed up as a Princess that was in a pretty frame and a book about Daddys (those gifts from Adriene's house) and then Daddy got a shirt, a watch, and a True Dad's Gift: Lowes Gift Card. Exciting... Dad loved the picture best of course and now he can put it on his desk at work and kiss the picture when he misses her she said. After presents we went to SLC to have Brunch at Porqupine (where these pics are taken) Later we dropped Brooks off at home to spend the rest of the Father's Day with her StepDad Dan. Luke didnt have to say anything for me to know that the best gift of all has always been Brooklyn. The last few Father's days have been rough... 2 years ago he was only allowed to talk to Broklyn on the phone, last year he didnt even get that, so this year was EXTRA special. It feels me with joy to see the love Luke has for his baby girl and how much happiness she brings him. Brooklyn Charlotte, you will always be Daddy's bestest and most favorite gift EVER!!!






...................................................................................


Speaking of Father's Day I want to say Happy Fathers Day to my Dadda too. I cant even put in words what I feel for my dad. He is the greatest and strongest man in the world. I have always been a daddys girl...since forever. My dad is 6' 4 and could beat up any robber or bad man in the world. He could carry the whole family out of a burning house with one hand. If I ever got lost, he would be the first and quickest to find me. My dad makes me feel safe and I know he will always be there bc he always has been. I dream of the many years to come that I can share my new family with my dad. He has been really great to take in Brooklyn as well as he does. She loves him. She calls him Silly Bonka. He plays very well with her and it brings back memories of how much fun I had with him when I was little. I will always love my Dadda and think that he is the greatest of all the lands (and worlds)...I love you Dadda.


No comments: