
Lola turned 2 months today! I swear this month went by even faster than the one before. I cry on an (almost) daily basis because she is growing way too fast. She no longer looks like a newborn but a little baby. Her features are changing everyday and her tiny personality is starting to show itself. She is the sweetest and happiest and (fairly) easy going baby (she definitely wants what she wants already and as the song goes..."What Lola wants, Lola gets"). She's always happy and smiles all the time for me and Daddy. She only fusses when shes wet, tired or hungry, but if she doesn't get food right away, it turns into a full on "I'm pissed" scream. She still doesn't like to be put down but she'll hang in her swing for a bit and take her naps in it. She loves to see what is going on around her and has to be held facing out to see everything. She loves to kick her legs ALL the time and wave her little chubby arms around. Its funny when she gets excited bc they get going sooo fast!! She continues to get stronger everyday, she can hold her head up entirely by herself now. At her 2 month checkup, the Dr. said she has the neck strength/control of a 3 month old. Way to go Lola! She is just now starting to try to talk, her little coos and gurgles are too cute! We love to chat away and tell funny stories together :) I seriously can't believe how big she is getting and how much she grows everyday. I do want to see her grow and accomplish new things and become her own person, BUT I also want her to stay this small forever. Sigh... Here are some of her milestones and progress over the last month.
Week 4
Sleeping through the night, every night (avg. 7-8 hours)
Week 5
Smiled for the first time (June 19)
Week 6
Started a somewhat real schedule for eating and sleeping- She eats every 3- 4 hours now, napping 2-3 times a day, for 1-3 hours at a time and then goes down for bed around 1030.
Week 7
Holding her head up on her own
Sleeping through the night, every night (avg. 7-8 hours)
Week 5
Smiled for the first time (June 19)
Week 6
Started a somewhat real schedule for eating and sleeping- She eats every 3- 4 hours now, napping 2-3 times a day, for 1-3 hours at a time and then goes down for bed around 1030.
Week 7
Holding her head up on her own
Learning how to sleep in her crib in own room instead of the play yard in Moms :) We have the nights down and are working on napping in there as well.
Loves to be read to and her favorite book is The Rainbow Fish. She loves his pretty shining scales and gets excited everytime she sees him :)
We love our Lola so much and are so grateful for her in our lives. I can honestly say I dont know what I would do with out her. She is my everything and my joy and I love every minute of my life with her. The best advice I've been given about parenthood is to enjoy every moment (even the ones when she's screaming and I'm exhausted) bc you'll never get that moment back and it all goes by too fast. It has to be one of the truest statements ever and you dont really get it until you have your baby that you cant get enough of and never want to miss a second with.

2 comments:
Yay! I can't wait to come see little L today! She is getting SO big, I can't believe it either.
Oh she is just so precious Sydney. Can Cole be her boyfriend? They'd fall in love right away! I can't believe it's been two months already. She is just a doll!
Post a Comment