
It has once again been another month with our sweet Lola. Like last month this one seemed to go by faster than the one before. How does that work? It must be because we want so badly for it to go slow :) Lola is moving right along with her developments and personality. She is such a little sweetheart and the worlds best baby. Everywhere we go she just hangs out and enjoys the scenery. Everyone comments on how good a baby she is. Of course she's good, she's mine ;) She still hates doing her tummy time and whines after a few minutes of it. Since she can already hold her head up really well I dont push her to do it that often. She does love her little Bumbo though. Shell sit in it next to someone and just hang out. She likes it because she can see everything going on around her. Over the past few weeks Lola has acquired a few nicknames. Some that I dont really care for but well see which ones end up sticking for good. So far they are Lo, Los, L, Lolers, Lola K, Lolapops, and Lolakins. In July we went to Denver and Idaho making the number of states that Lola has been in 7 (She has also been to California, Nevada, Arizona, and Wyoming) She is quite the traveler already.Listed are some of her milestones and progress over the last 5 weeks:
Lola's eating schedule is every 3 to 5 hours. She sleeps between 7 and 9 hours a night with a 2 hour nap first thing in the morning, another 2-3 hour nap midday and then a 1/2-1 hour nap late afternoon. I am really lucky that she is a such a good sleeper :)
Week 8-
2 Month check up and 4 rounds of immunizations. She did really well, just slept a lot the following two days.
Week 9-
Started taking a pacifier again. She refused them at around 6 weeks and I tried relentlessly for weeks after to get her to take one. I tried every style of every brand and even tried dipping them into sugar water to get her to like them. Nothing seemed to work and then out of nowhere she agreed to like them. She now loves her Binks and has to have it to fall asleep for naps and bedtime. She has even figured out how to hurry and suck it back in when its starts falling out. Silly girl!!
Week 10-
Took an (entire) bottle for the first time. Up until then she would take a sip or two, then cry and close her gums tight so we couldnt get it back in. This was a huge milestone for us and such a relief for me. Dont worry that I cried tears of joy for this wonderful moment!
Lola found her hands and fingers. She is non stop playing with them and sticking hand, fist, or fingers in her mouth. Just recently she has started to really grasp at things so that she can feel them against her fingers and also trying to get whatever is close to her face into her mouth.
Week 11-
Started smiling at me in the middle of feedings. She'll stop and give me this huge, wide open smile and then go right back to eating. She does it a few times a day at least. It is so stinking cute and I love it!! Another cute thing she does while eating is if she's tired, she'll cover her face with her arm over her eyes. Its her way of saying "Dont bother me, Im eating" :)
Week 12-
Started crying when we put her in her carseat. She used to be fine once the car started moving but now she cries all the way to the freeway and sometimes longer (until she's too tired to cry anymore) :( She will also lean way forward and grunt and squirm like she is trying to get out!

She has officially grown out of her 0-3 month jammies. The sleeves are 3/4 length on the arms and she cant fully stretch out her legs. I was determined to get my money out of them so I made her wear them until she hit 3 months, however, she can still wear 75% of the rest of her 0-3 clothes. I know Luke is going to have a heart attack at the thought of my buying more clothes already!! Haha. Poor Dad.
This past week she has been trying really hard to laugh. Before now she would laugh silently but now when she opens her mouth to laugh a little cough or squeak comes out too. Its adorable of course but Im not sure if that constitutes a real laugh yet?!
We have started doing the drowsy tuck in at bedtime and so far she's done great with it. She sucks on her binki and soothes her self right to sleep. Have I mentioned that my Lola is such an angel baby?! I am one proud Momma. I can not be more in love than I am with her. She is amazing and beautiful and all mine and being her Mom is sooooo much fun!!
2 comments:
So she hasn't even gained a pound since the 2 months picture!? I like the nick name Lo or Los. Or just my little lola. I hope you guys can come play today!
She is so a doll!
Post a Comment