Our Lola is nine Months old. Seriously?! But what is even more crazy to think, is that in just 3 short months my brand new baby will be a whole year old!!! I honestly can not believe how fast these 9 months have flown by. WAY too fast!! We went to the Doctors this week to get her second round of flu shots and also weighed and measured while there. At 15. 11 lbs and 26 1/4 inches she is in the 4th percentile for weight and 8th percentile for height. Still a tiny, tiny girl but the Dr said she is a very healthy and happy baby! Like every month, Lola is continuing to grow and learn everyday- getting even cuter and smarter too. This past month some of the things Lola has been up to are:
Creeping!!!! She can finally get on her hands and knees from a sitting position but then doesnt know what to do from there. She either lets go with her hands and face plants it into the floor or just rolls back over to sitting again. While she cant get around by crawling just yet, she rolls like a pro. She will be on one side of the room and 1/2 a minute later has rolled all the way across and under the kitchen table. She is definitely going to be trouble when she actually learns to crawl and even more so when shes walking!! That is one thing that I pray she puts off learning until Kindergarten!
Giving Loves (open mouth, with a little tongue-kisses) to Mommy, Daddy, her baby doll Mary, and her image in the mirror. It is the cutest thing ever. It is so sweet and I cant describe how in love I feel whenever she gives me loves all on her own!
Learned how to put her binky in by herself. Finally! And she is now starting to take other brands besides the MAM ones, which makes me happy because I bought way too many fashion binkies before she was born that I worried she'd never use.
She is starting to share- handing objects to either Daddy or I to see and then holds her hand out when she wants it back.
Learning the word NO and does not like it!! She whines and kicks her legs when she has something she shouldnt and it gets taken away. Weve learned to give her another toy/object before we take the other to avoid any tiny tantrums! Only 9 months old and already she thinks that the song "Whatever Lola wants (Lola gets)" was written specifically for her :)
She loves her touch and feel books and can find the spots to touch/feel on her own. She has memorized them and gets so excited when I get those books out. She gets her fingers ready and smiles so big and kicks her little legs. I love story time with her!
She loves to bang things together to see what happens and listen to the sounds they make when she does. She also loves to try and rip things apart. Not sure why but its cute. She holds them over her head and pulls with both hands and makes this face like shes trying her hardest to tear it in half. Pretty funny to see.
She is playing by herself a lot better now. She can go about 10 minutes sometimes before she worries about where I am. It is so nice to be able to let her play while I do chores rather than before when I was having to take her into every room that I needed to be in just so she could see me and wouldnt cry :)
And her biggest accomplishment this last month has been weaning onto the bottle!! Last month we tried introducing one (again and again) and she was starting to drink 2-3 ounces before she would push it away and want to nurse instead. About 2 weeks ago, she decided, on her own, that she wasnt into breastfeeding anymore. Whether she decided she was too busy for it or just lost patience with it, I dont know, but one day she started refusing to nurse and then when she got hungry enough she just took a bottle. Ever since then, she has been taking bottles for nearly every feeding (she still nurses for her last feeding in the evening and also if she she wakes up during the night). In the beginning, she could only drink 3 ounces, but now she can take in 5-6 and at first, she would only take one from me, but has since warmed up to Daddy, and taken a few from him now too. I am so proud of her finally being willing to accept the bottle. When she was born, I had made a goal to nurse exclusively for the first 9 months and only give her a bottle every once in a while so Dad could do a few of the night feedings and we could have babysitters every so often. But Lola proved to dislike bottles from the very beginning and it has been the biggest struggle these last few months. But now that we have made it to 9 months of EBF, I couldnt be happier that she is now willing to take a bottle during the day and still nurse with me at night. I really enjoy being able to hold her close and snuggle for those few minutes- if you know Lola, she is so NOT a snuggle-er. She is way to busy and preoccupied checking everything out to be wasting time cuddling-so much like her father and sister with the ADD! Haha. Im surprised she even breastfed as long she did because of how much she does not like to sit still :) Im planning to nurse her at night for as long as I can or until she is 1 year. I am not looking forward to the complete weaning process and even less excited about what will become of my breasts after that. Already they are no longer the sexy, perky breasts I knew in my pre-baby days... Sigh... But I guess I cant really complain too much about my sad, deflated friends because I never got one stretch mark during my pregnancy and was able to lose all the weight I had gained during by the time Lola was 2 and 1/2 months old (thanks to breastfeeding as my exercise)! And its nothing a little push-up bra cant camouflage, right?!
Other news this month- we are moving! We have found a great house in East Salt Lake that is closer to Brooklyn and many of our family and friends and are very excited to make it a wonderful home for our family. It has been a loooong few months of not getting to see Brooklyn nearly as often as before and we cant wait to be close enough to spend more time with her again! We are moving next weekend and for the next couple of weeks will be busy packing, moving, unpacking, painting, and getting settled in our new place. I will try to update the blog in the meantime so you dont have Lola withdrawls (Brittany) :)



Creeping!!!! She can finally get on her hands and knees from a sitting position but then doesnt know what to do from there. She either lets go with her hands and face plants it into the floor or just rolls back over to sitting again. While she cant get around by crawling just yet, she rolls like a pro. She will be on one side of the room and 1/2 a minute later has rolled all the way across and under the kitchen table. She is definitely going to be trouble when she actually learns to crawl and even more so when shes walking!! That is one thing that I pray she puts off learning until Kindergarten!
Giving Loves (open mouth, with a little tongue-kisses) to Mommy, Daddy, her baby doll Mary, and her image in the mirror. It is the cutest thing ever. It is so sweet and I cant describe how in love I feel whenever she gives me loves all on her own!
Learned how to put her binky in by herself. Finally! And she is now starting to take other brands besides the MAM ones, which makes me happy because I bought way too many fashion binkies before she was born that I worried she'd never use.
She is starting to share- handing objects to either Daddy or I to see and then holds her hand out when she wants it back.
Learning the word NO and does not like it!! She whines and kicks her legs when she has something she shouldnt and it gets taken away. Weve learned to give her another toy/object before we take the other to avoid any tiny tantrums! Only 9 months old and already she thinks that the song "Whatever Lola wants (Lola gets)" was written specifically for her :)
She loves her touch and feel books and can find the spots to touch/feel on her own. She has memorized them and gets so excited when I get those books out. She gets her fingers ready and smiles so big and kicks her little legs. I love story time with her!
She loves to bang things together to see what happens and listen to the sounds they make when she does. She also loves to try and rip things apart. Not sure why but its cute. She holds them over her head and pulls with both hands and makes this face like shes trying her hardest to tear it in half. Pretty funny to see.
She is playing by herself a lot better now. She can go about 10 minutes sometimes before she worries about where I am. It is so nice to be able to let her play while I do chores rather than before when I was having to take her into every room that I needed to be in just so she could see me and wouldnt cry :)
And her biggest accomplishment this last month has been weaning onto the bottle!! Last month we tried introducing one (again and again) and she was starting to drink 2-3 ounces before she would push it away and want to nurse instead. About 2 weeks ago, she decided, on her own, that she wasnt into breastfeeding anymore. Whether she decided she was too busy for it or just lost patience with it, I dont know, but one day she started refusing to nurse and then when she got hungry enough she just took a bottle. Ever since then, she has been taking bottles for nearly every feeding (she still nurses for her last feeding in the evening and also if she she wakes up during the night). In the beginning, she could only drink 3 ounces, but now she can take in 5-6 and at first, she would only take one from me, but has since warmed up to Daddy, and taken a few from him now too. I am so proud of her finally being willing to accept the bottle. When she was born, I had made a goal to nurse exclusively for the first 9 months and only give her a bottle every once in a while so Dad could do a few of the night feedings and we could have babysitters every so often. But Lola proved to dislike bottles from the very beginning and it has been the biggest struggle these last few months. But now that we have made it to 9 months of EBF, I couldnt be happier that she is now willing to take a bottle during the day and still nurse with me at night. I really enjoy being able to hold her close and snuggle for those few minutes- if you know Lola, she is so NOT a snuggle-er. She is way to busy and preoccupied checking everything out to be wasting time cuddling-so much like her father and sister with the ADD! Haha. Im surprised she even breastfed as long she did because of how much she does not like to sit still :) Im planning to nurse her at night for as long as I can or until she is 1 year. I am not looking forward to the complete weaning process and even less excited about what will become of my breasts after that. Already they are no longer the sexy, perky breasts I knew in my pre-baby days... Sigh... But I guess I cant really complain too much about my sad, deflated friends because I never got one stretch mark during my pregnancy and was able to lose all the weight I had gained during by the time Lola was 2 and 1/2 months old (thanks to breastfeeding as my exercise)! And its nothing a little push-up bra cant camouflage, right?!
Other news this month- we are moving! We have found a great house in East Salt Lake that is closer to Brooklyn and many of our family and friends and are very excited to make it a wonderful home for our family. It has been a loooong few months of not getting to see Brooklyn nearly as often as before and we cant wait to be close enough to spend more time with her again! We are moving next weekend and for the next couple of weeks will be busy packing, moving, unpacking, painting, and getting settled in our new place. I will try to update the blog in the meantime so you dont have Lola withdrawls (Brittany) :)
2 comments:
She is so cute. I will tell you to enjoy the time before she crawls because once she does she will be into everything, or at least Corbin was. That is nice you will be moving close to Brooklyn. Good luck with the move it is never fun.
She is the cutest baby ever. I love her new leg pose.
Post a Comment