Stats:
16.1 Lbs - 4th Percentile
27 Inches long - 17th Percentile
17.6 Inches Head Circumference- 60th Percentile
16.1 Lbs - 4th Percentile
27 Inches long - 17th Percentile
17.6 Inches Head Circumference- 60th Percentile
Our baby girl is now 10 months old. This has been the hardest month for me to accept. Maybe because its a double digit number or just that its only 2 months until Lola turns 1 year and it seems so much closer than it did last month. I don't want my baby turning one because then she wont (technically) be a baby anymore and people and Doctors will refer to her as a Toddler. That will make me really sad... She is finally growing (height wise that is) and so she seems bigger to me all of the sudden. Plus, shes accomplishing new things just about everyday now. Soon I wont be able to keep up with all her new developments but for now, I try to take note of every(little)thing. Some of Lola's accomplishments from last month are:
Learning to crawl! She went from nothing, to getting up on her hands and knees, to full on crawling all in about one weeks time. I honestly thought she would never learn to crawl and even her Dr had said she might just skip it all together, so we definitely werent expecting it! And she is already cruising around like a pro :) She can get from one end of the house to the other in under a minute and just as I dreaded, she is everywhere all the time and getting too quick for me to ever leave her in one spot anymore! We bought a baby gate for the top of our stairs and thought we had at least another month or longer before having to buy one for the bottom but just 2 days ago, I walked away for a few minutes only to come back and find that Lola had crawled up 4 stairs all by herself! So, we put up the second gate yesterday. As well as 'baby proofed' the entire house last week. This is a Yay and Grr time for me right now... I love that she is growing and learning and becoming independent but Im sad about it being too fast and Im trying to (happily) accept that she is going to be into everything all the time now until she is like 2 or 3. I was really hoping she would just stay 8 months old forever. Agh! Do any of you other moms feel like this with your babies?!?
Pulling herself up onto furniture. Shes been trying for almost 2 months now, but just this week shes learned to get all the way up to standing and as I mentioned above, she can now climb stairs!
In the last month, Lola has cut her 2 upper central teeth, her left lateral incisor and any day now will be cutting her right lateral incisor. That's 6 teeth (4 this month) total! They're definitely cute, but yet another reminder of how big my little baby is getting :) She has been pretty crabby this past week or so and I pray that after this next tooth cuts through, shell get a break before her lower incisors come. I miss my always smiley, happy baby.
Her favorite thing right now is playing peekaboo. She loves to put her blanket, shirt, bib, or anything really, over her face and just sit there while you say "Wheres Lola?" and then she pulls it down and grins like crazy when you say "There she is!" It is so cute and one of these days Ill try to get it on camera for you all to see :) Other things she loves to do lately are pull her Momma's hair every chance she gets and fighting having her diapers changed. Trying to change dirty #2s without getting it on myself or the surrounding area is quite the challenge these days and who knew our little peanut could be so strong?!
Lola is completely on the bottle now and slowly weaning from baby food to table food. Im pretty sure she could give up the jarred food today and never look back, but again, its another thing that Im not quite ready to let go of yet. Am I totally weird and lame? Probably, but I cant help it...
So thats whats new with our Lola Viola (as her Daddy likes to call her). Only 2 more posts left with pictures of her in her rocker with her pink stuffed Giraffe and then she will be 1 year old!!!!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Syd. I am relating to every single thing you just wrote!! (except for her being small- ha!) She's a doll! Anabelle and Lola are on the exact same track. It's so fun and sad at the same time. I have found myself laying on her bedroom floor at night lately just watching her, realizing she won't be a baby much longer. *Tear*
I wanted to ask you about switching from baby food to table food. Anabelle is so ready to be done, too. Do you stop feeding her cereal/oatmeal at 1? I can replace fruits & veggies, but I'm worried about not being able to replace those nutrients. How do you do that?
Hope you guys are well!
I just love those teeth! Super cutie Lola.
Post a Comment