I'm officially 5 1/2 months pregnant now with 3 1/2 months (111 days) to go. This pregnancy has seemed to fly by much faster than with Lola, probably because I'm not nearly ready for this next baby. I knew from the beginning that it was a boy only because I wanted another girl. I wanted Lola to have a best friend to play dress ups and tea party with, fight and share secrets, be inseparable one day and plotting against each other the next. I had a close-in-age sister and it was the greatest. I wanted that for Lola too. But the more I've thought about it, I've decided I'm glad this one's a boy. First reason being that if I choose to be done having kids after him I'll have at least one of each gender and never have to wonder what having a boy would be like. Second, I've already done the girl thing- dresses, bows, drama, pink and more pink. Now I get to experience trucks, dirt, superheros and hopefully much less drama. And the best part is Lola gets to stay the only girl (here full-time) so she and I will get to have many Mommy-Daughter dates and plan fun 'girl things' without the boys :)
My pregnancy with Lola was easy, this one even easier. I never once got sick this time around and the only complaint I've had up to this point is some back pain here and there from my pelvis shifting. Until about the 4th month there would be days I'd almost forget I was even pregnant. It made getting used to the idea of being pregnant again and having another baby that much weirder. Once the baby started kicking and I hit 19 weeks (when my bump had doubled in size and I could no longer deny the fact that I was indeed growing another person in there) it finally felt and became real. Now I'm slowing getting into the purchasing and planning phase trying to make sure we're as ready as we can be for Baby Boy's arrival come February. Some days I feel like 3 1/2 months is plenty of time while other days I know that once Thanksgiving gets here and plans for Christmas take priority, it will be January before I know it which only leaves me 5 weeks to get everything ready and done.
I finally broke out the maternity jeans two weeks ago as I could no longer button nor zip up my pre-pregnancy jeans. I'm a few pounds behind what I was at this point in my pregnancy with Lola but fear that with Halloween next week and Thanksgiving and Christmas just a few weeks after that I'll be packing the weight on in no time.
For your viewing pleasure- Baby bump pics from 3 months to now:
12 weeks
My pregnancy with Lola was easy, this one even easier. I never once got sick this time around and the only complaint I've had up to this point is some back pain here and there from my pelvis shifting. Until about the 4th month there would be days I'd almost forget I was even pregnant. It made getting used to the idea of being pregnant again and having another baby that much weirder. Once the baby started kicking and I hit 19 weeks (when my bump had doubled in size and I could no longer deny the fact that I was indeed growing another person in there) it finally felt and became real. Now I'm slowing getting into the purchasing and planning phase trying to make sure we're as ready as we can be for Baby Boy's arrival come February. Some days I feel like 3 1/2 months is plenty of time while other days I know that once Thanksgiving gets here and plans for Christmas take priority, it will be January before I know it which only leaves me 5 weeks to get everything ready and done.
I finally broke out the maternity jeans two weeks ago as I could no longer button nor zip up my pre-pregnancy jeans. I'm a few pounds behind what I was at this point in my pregnancy with Lola but fear that with Halloween next week and Thanksgiving and Christmas just a few weeks after that I'll be packing the weight on in no time.
For your viewing pleasure- Baby bump pics from 3 months to now:
12 weeks
16 weeks
20 weeks
24 weeks




No comments:
Post a Comment