Weight and height- 17 lbs (28%) and 27 in (50%)
Hair-perhaps a little more than last month
Teeth- none- but clearly working on them (still). I dont know whats up? He has low fevers off and on and drools like crazy, pulls on his ear every other day and is up and down fussy. Going on over a month now and still no teeth?!
Size- 6-9 mos. Size 3 diapers
Eating- 5 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day and once during the night. I'm already done with breastfeeding. It didnt take him long to decide to ditch it all together. We did the every other feeding of nursing and formula for 2 weeks and then he only wanted the bottle but would still nurse his first and last meals and middle of the night feeding- which only lasted about another week before my poor ladies went and dried up. So I made it 7 months. Im trying not to be too sad about it but I do miss nursing him and getting that special time together with just he and I. We tried solids again when he was about 6 and half months. He took right to it and loves his food! He's not a huge fan of plain bananas or green beans but will still open up and eat the whole jar. I give him a few Tbs. of rice cereal in each bottle so he gets the iron and I believe its helping with his reflux as well. Hes been spitting up SO much less this last month! I hope were getting close to the end but am trying not to get too hopeful.
Sleeping- wakes up around 7a to eat, goes down for a nap around 9 or 10 for an hour or two, is up for another couple of hours and goes down again around 1 or 2 for another couple of hours. If he wakes from his second nap early enough he usually gets another 30 minute- 1 hour nap to tide him over before bedtime which is around 730 or 8p. He usually wakes around 4-5a for a bottle and goes back down until 7ish.
Movement/development- sitting up entirely on his own as of 6 and a half months, reaches for objects that are out of reach while sitting up- usually resulting in a face plant but he's getting better about not getting so upset when that happens, grabbing everything in sight- loves to pull hair and try to get your food, starting to use his fingers more when grabbing for and holding objects, using the jumperoo toy- the first few weeks he would just rock himself from side to side in it. He recently learned how to jump in it and he LOVES it! He is getting better at spending more time on his tummy and is even sleeping on his stomach most nights which means we are finally done with the swaddle wrap. Hooray! Lola was ready to ditch hers around 4 months but Rhett had such spastic arms that he was always hitting himself in the face, digging his fists into his eyes, and knocking out his binky when he was trying to fall asleep or during his sleep which would then wake him up. But we arent using it any longer and he's been going down and staying down great. I am so happy about this! Swaddling for 7 months straight gets really, really old.
Milestones/firsts-sitting up- 6 and a half months, first time to Idaho, first trip to the Gray family cabin in Bear Lake
Favorites- Baby Einsteins DVDs, jumperoo- this boy will literally just sit and jump in it for almost an hour before getting bored with it!, baths, swimming, watching and playing with Lola, chewing on anything he can get into his mouth especially his thumb and pointer fingers, his teething toy-giraffe, Albert, reading books, trying to get a hold of Lola's toys, when I run my fingers through his hair when he's hot or tired
Dislikes- being too hungry, being hot and sweaty,
I seriously can not get enough of this handsome boy! I will never let him date or marry- I want him to be all mine forever:)
1 comment:
I can't get enough of him! I can't wait to tickle him and hear his adorable giggle again. What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment