Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eight Months


Age- Eight months!

Weight and height- 17 lbs 9 oz and 27 and 1/2 in

Eyes- super dark brown now- same as Lola's

Hair- growing like crazy. Its really long over the ears and way too long on top to style anymore:( but Im not ready to give it up and give him a haircut! Am I so lame that I have to hold onto every little 'baby' thing as long as I can?! 

Teeth- none! What the crap??

Size- 6-9 and 6-12 mos. clothes. Size 3 diapers

Eating- 5 ounces (with rice cereal) every 3-4 hours during the day and finally sleeping all the way through the night without waking for a bottle! He's eating #2 baby foods but is very ready for #3s. He eats a jar at breakfast and a jar and a half at dinner. Has started eating gerber puffs, bitter biscuits, and some small bites of table food. He'll pretty much eat anything. Wont eat carrots or apricots. He loves picking up his own bites and feeding himself. Still giving him the Zantac for Reflux- mostly out of habit but also bc I dont want to quit and have him not be ready. When do you know they dont need it without quitting though? He hasn't spit up hardly at all in the last month so I think I can safely put away the bibs and burp cloths. Hooray!!

Sleeping- wakes around 7am (sometimes 6am) for a bottle and goes back down until 8ish. Takes a nap around 9 or 10 for an hour or two, another nap around noon for about 2 hours and then another hour nap around 4 or 5 to help him last until bedtime which is between 730-8. All naps are in his crib and he hasnt used the swing in well over a month (except a few times when I was desperate for him to nap:) We have developed a nice little bedtime routine where I feed him his bottle while I rock him, then we snuggle and rock for another 5-10 minutes and then I lay him down. Before, I had fed him out in the living room and then laid him down right after but hes gotten SO cuddly and loves to be rocked, I cant resist! Plus its been a nice replacement for the special time we shared when I was nursing him (which I miss way more than I thought I would).

 Movement/development- will spend much longer periods on his tummy and is even creeping well now and pulling up almost to his knees! He is all over the place and will soon be crawling! He loves to stand up- thinks he's such a big boy, reaching out to be picked up, babbling- mostly just bababa, yelling a ton- loves to hear himself and to get reactions out of us. He also loves to yell at you when you're bugging him with trying to wipe his face and/or nose, get his boogers/cooties, or give him medicine. He tries to push your hands away and is really good at turning his head away from you and keeping it moving so you cant get to him:), blows raspberries, spits with his tongue

Milestones/firsts- creeping, reaching out to be picked up, babbling, first trip the zoo

Favorites- Baby Einsteins DVDs, jumperoo, baths, watching and playing with Lola, chewing on anything he can get into his mouth, reading books, trying to get a hold of Lola's toys, when I run my fingers through his hair when he's tired, standing up, playing peekaboo, fake coughing

Dislikes- being hungry, being hot and sweaty, getting his hair washed



2 comments:

Brittany said...

I seriously can't believe he's 8 months already! Where has the time gone!? He is the most handsome boy ever! Ok, enough with the exclamation points. I miss his little face and can't wait to see both of them soon.

Alli and Rick said...

Wow he is a good eater- that's awesome! And I'm glad for you that he is sleeping good and spitting up less. Wahoo!! And Ryker thinks the fake cough is so funny too- why is that? Silly boys! We really should get them together.