
So Brooklyn has had this obsession with Littlest Pet Shops for about the last year and it got so bad that everytime she came over she wanted to go to the store to buy one more pet or accessory for her collection... (to which I stupidly gave in everytime) and it was taking over the play room!! Finally one day at Target we were looking for another PetShop toy and realizing that we had all the ones the store was carrying made me a little sick. I tried to divert her sadness of no new PetShops to a new MOVIE!!! She wasnt thrilled but at least it was something NEW...So we head over to the Movies and go through the Kids section. Brooklyn picks out some lame-o Hello Kitty movie. We were set to go when out of the corner of my eye I spy....The Smurfs Season 1 DVD!! Holly Smurftastic! I soooooo loved smurfs when I was little I even had the tiny figurines and all. I tried to convince Brooklyn to buy that instead Hello Kitty but failed. Shes never heard of those dumb blue creatures before... Oh well, I threw it in the cart anyway and by the time we got to the checkout Hello Kitty had somehow fallen out of the cart.....hehe...."OH No" I say, but we dont have time to go back to get it. Well come back for it tomorow. FEW! A close one...but she agreed to settle with Smurfs for now. Long story short we watched it that afternoon and EVERYTIME shes come over since that day. Episode after Episode, over and over again. Then she turned all her Littlest Pet Shops into Smurfs and we had to play this Smurf game where Dad was Gargamel, Brooklyn was Azreal, and I had to be the little Smurfs. We created a villiage and then Dad and Brooklyn would catch my Smurfs up and Brooklyn would put them in a pot and stir them in a stew. She would even add special ingredients and make me write them down on a list. They were of course gross sounding things like salty snot and muddy boogers...I have a list somwhere at home that Ill have to scan into this blog later on. Again long story short its been smurf this and smuf that at The Benik house for the last month or so. When we went on vacation to California it was the only thing she would watch there and back and when we stopped in Vegas on the way home we hit the JackPot at FAO Schwartz when they had surf figurines (at only $3 each!!) We just had to buy some.....Sadly to admit even me and Dad were way excited and going ooh and ahh when we found ones we liked and wanted.... I know really!?! We got the majors including Gargamel, Azreal, Papa Smurf and some others. Oh what joy Smurfs are!! So then last week she asked to take one of the DVDs to her Mom's house for the week and when it was time to come again and bring it back her mom wanted to know where I bought this magical movie that Brooklyn will watch over and over and over again? WHAT?? I have created a Smurf Monster!!!!! Dad didnt help any either by later showing Brooklyn that you can watch episodes on YouTube, so her and Dad where online all Satrurday looking at where and how to buy MORE Smurfs and their village accessories and MORE DVDs. AGGGHHH!!! In addition, I woke up Sunday am to some noises coming from the bathroom . Upon getting closer to the door I hear Brooklyn in there talking to herself. Maybe shes just going the bathroom...I listen harder...shes talking Smurf talk...I knock..."Brooklyn? Are you in there?"...quiet...then a "Hold on! DONT open the door until I say you can!".....Now im panicing what if shes had an accident?!?...more quiet..."Okay. You can come in." I open the door and there she is in her jammie bottoms with no shirt (again) and she had turned the bathtub into the Smurf Village. Mind you its only 830am.... The kid wakes up thinking Smurfs, goes to sleep thinking Smurfs and she smurfs good songs while smurfing on the John. Its just too crazy can I tell you! All bc I thought it would be fun to trek down memory lane again with the little blue smurfs and possibly entertain Brooklyn for an episode or 2. I had no idea it would smurf up in my face and turn into a smurfvasion and smurf us all crazy!!!! Yikes... lesson smurfed for sure : )
Smurfs at the Hotel
More Smurfs on YouTube
1 comment:
You should not pass on your dorkiness to your child.
Post a Comment