Thursday, September 17, 2009

Four Months

Correction to Lola's 3 month post:
We used my scale at home to weigh her and it was way off (obviously). There is no way she only gained 5 ounces in a month however I didnt think about it nor realize said scale was bogified until later on after the pictures were taken and posted. She was actually a little over 11 pounds at her 3 months mark. That said, her weight this month should be much less shocking compared to last month :)



Yes, my baby girl is now 4 months old and Im going to sound like a broken record but I honestly cant believe it. Where does the time go? Boo, I hate that it has to go so fast. Lola is getting so big and by big I mean long. She seems to have doubled in length overnight. It is crazy how much she changes everyday. During Lola's 3rd month we traveled to Denver to see my parents for a few days. It was Lola's first plane ride and she did great both ways. She ate during take offs and then napped both times for about an hour and then woke up to smile at our neighboring passengers and then before we knew it we were landing. People would pass us getting off the plane and comment on how good she was. Most all of them said they didnt know there was a baby on the plane until they saw us get off. Yes, she was that quiet! Like Ive said a hundred times already- Lola is the best baby ever! I just know she's going to make up for it later on. Other than our little trip to Bonka and Bubbe's our month was pretty uneventful. Lola and I just hang out everyday doing our chores and a few errands here and there. We love going for walks together and meeting friends for lunch. We spend most of our afternoons at home as Lola takes a long nap, usually 3-4 hours between Noon and 4. Then its playtime until dinner and her bath. We have a pretty nice routine going and I love our time together. I thought it would drive me crazy being home with a baby all day everyday but it has turned out to be so awesome and I wouldnt trade it for anything! I am so lucky that I dont have to work. It would kill me to leave her.


Here's what Lola has been up to in her 3rd month:

Eating about 5 ounces at each feeding
Still sleeping a 7-8 hour stretch but has made a lovely habit of getting up between 330-430 every night to eat then goes back down for another 4 hours. Stinker!
Smiling ALL the time. She is the happiest baby (unless she's hungry and youre making her wait)
Laughing (not too often yet, she saves them up for the really funny things) Giggles when you tickle her neck just right.
Loves to be all snug in her swaddle blanket. She has such spastic arms and has to be wrapped tight in it to fall asleep. When she's tired and you wrap her up, she immediately calms down and goes right to sleep. Silly girl!
Talking a ton. Loves to hear herself and gets a big kick out of yelling and grunting as loud as she can. Forget syllable sounds and coos, its way more fun to yell everything she has to say :)
Loves to chew and suck on her fingers. Usually her thumb or her pointer and middle fingers together. Her hand is always in her mouth!
She can grab at almost anything she tries for and will try to grab anything in sight. Just this week its been my hair while she's eating. She has also started pulling her binky out so she can play with it but then cries until I help her put it back in. She only takes her binky good for naps and bedtime. Any other time she gums up tight and wont let you put it in her mouth.
She can roll from her front to her back and 3/4 of the way from back to front. She's learning to like tummy time a bit more too.
Can grab her knees but not quite her feet/toes yet :)

It is so much fun watching my little Lola grow and learn. She is so amazing and smart and I love her so much!!

No comments: