Saturday, October 16, 2010

2 Under 2

No, I'm not pregnant with a another baby due before next May. And after these past few days, Im pretty sure Im glad that Im not!!
I went to St George this week to watch my little nephew Lincoln while my sister Paige and her boyfriend Matt went to party it up in Vegas (and get engaged!!). So it was just me and the 2 babies- 17 and 3 months old. Surprisingly, it wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it could be, mostly because Lincoln is the EASIEST baby ever! He pretty much slept and ate and hung out with us during his awake times. He loves to lay on his blankie and have you to talk to him, sit up in his Bumbo and watch whats going on, lay on his stomach on the Boppy pillow and just chill. Basically he was content with whatever and happy as could be. Lola on the other hand was not so easy going about it. As soon as she realized it was just Mommy around to take care of both of them and that she was going to have to share my attention with Lincoln, she got pretty bugged. Out of nowhere, she became needy, clingy, whiney, grabby, sneaky (taking Lincoln's blankie when I wasnt looking) and even a little aggressive! She would come over to him all sweet like and give him a hug (because hugs are her new favorite thing lately) then pull away and bonk him on the head! I seriously could not believe that my sweet, loving baby girl had turned into a little jealous monster right before my eyes! It was a little rough to be honest, so I tried to give her extra attention when he was napping and such but it took her the whole 3 days to finally warm up to him and not be jealous every time she saw me holding him. By the last day she decided he wasn't so bad and was actually pretty sweet to him- laying on the loves, reading him stories, bringing him toys, and even smiling and talking to him. Poor buddy... He just wanted to be her friend. He loved watching her run around and play with her toys and always smiled SO big when she gave him the time of day. He really is such a sweetheart and I hope he will help teach Lola a thing or two about being nice to babies when he's a little older and its his turn to share his momma's attention. Because as of this week, there's no way Im having another baby anytime soon! I think Ill wait until Lola is in 1st grade... or even later if at all!

Smiles for Auntie!


Lola trying really hard to be sweet- with a hug for her little cousin,
reading to him,
sharing...
more hugs...
and even helping dress him in his jammies.
How cute is he?! I just adore him and how easy going he is!

No comments: