Thursday, October 7, 2010

What We've Been Up To

A few weekends ago we took the girls down to Provo to visit Bridal Veil Falls. It was such a perfect day for it and the canyon was beautiful. The girls, Brooklyn especially, loved playing around in the freezing water. Her and Daddy climbed up the fall as high as they could go in their flip flops. It was game day and all three of them had their Cougar wear on. I was worried at first that passer bys would laugh at our overly proud display but then I remembered we were to be in Zoobie territory and most likely everyone down there would be sporting BYU fan wear. And they were. So we fit right in with the Zoobs. But that doesn't mean we are Zoobs too.

Brooklyn was quite the camera fan this day. She wanted me to take her picture all over the place - on the rocks, in the water, up on the fall and next to Daddy. If you know Brooklyn, you are probably just as surprised as I was. She usually despises the camera and getting her picture taken and it is quite the effort getting one decent shot out of her. But not this time! Isn't she too cute?! I love and hate how big she is getting...

Lola playing in the dirt out back. First she shoveled with a plastic spoon then she found a play shovel and she kept quite busy trying to shovel the dirt into an empty water bottle.

As you can tell by this next pic, Lola loves baths and gets excited whenever I say its time for a Tub-Tub (lame phrase I know, but I cant seem to shake it)...
...she runs straight to the tub and starts trying to undress herself...
...and then once she's nakie, she tries to climb into the tub by herself. She is quite the independent lady lately :)
Lola got a new baby doll from Grammie the last time we went out and she loves her so. She likes to have me put one of her shirts on the baby and then she pretends to feed her or pushes her in the stroller or gives her a binki when she is fussy. Such a good little mommy our Lolie is becoming!
A cute face for your viewing pleasure
We had another long weekend and since it had been a whole 3 weeks since we last saw my family, we decided to make yet another trip out. We must love visiting Denver...that or were just crazy. But I do miss my Momma when Im not out there with her.
We went to the Broncos/Colts game while there and it was really a lot of fun (minus the 90 degree heat and blazing sun burning right down on us). I think we all got a little sunburned :(
Landon came to play with us a few times while we were out and he and Lola were quite the buds. She thought that just because he's bigger than her, she could push him around and be not-so-gentle with him but every once in a while she was actually really sweet and would lay on the hugs and kisses, like so:


Naked bums! My favorite part(s) of a baby is their tiny toes and little bums. I cant get enough! (That doesn't sound too creepy and pedophile-ish does it?!) Hehehe

Lola washing Landon's hair. Such a thoughtful cousin...too bad he started screaming right after this for us to get him out and away from that annoying cousin of his!
We frequented a fun little park that had a few fountains you could play in and also a little creek. The babies loved it!






Bonka, Grammie, Landon and half of a Lola
The cutest face EVER!! Have I said that enough times during these last 16 1/2 months?!? No, not nearly enough :)
We tried mixing it up a little for last week's game day by wearing something with blue instead of the usual logo wear, but they still lost. To the Aggies even! They totally suck right now... but what can you do? Go Cougs!!
Enjoying some delicious avocado. Lola thinks she is quite the ham lately and I love it. Her silliness is too cute!



And that is all for now. More to follow soon.

No comments: