Wednesday, January 18, 2012

T-Minus 25 Days


Today I am 36 weeks, 3 days. I can finally say I have less than a month! I can't wait- to not be huge pregnant anymore, to finally have Baby Boy here, to see him, to hold him and to kiss and love on him. 
As of the last 2 weeks or so, Lola has finally decided to acknowledge that Baby Brother does in fact live and sleep in Mommy's tummy. Before then, she would completely ignore you and walk away if anyone tried mentioning anything about the baby in my tummy. I felt really bad about it. At least now, she'll give my belly loves and kisses, says good morning and hi to Baby Brother and will often agree to help me feed, change, and play with him once he gets here. I know that it could be a whole different story once he's actually here and she realizes he's staying forever. But I hope its a story of adoration and love and not one of jealousy and annoyance :) Lola is pretty spoiled in the attention department and very much fussed over when family and friends are around. So we will just have to see how it goes... Brooklyn on the other hand is really excited. She always asks about the baby, when he'll be here and what we're going to name him (she loves leaving me new lists each week of her personal favorite name choices:). And she loves babies so I'm sure she's going to be a big help and a good example to Lola of how to treat Baby Boy :)

No comments: