Monday, August 11, 2008

1 Year, 2 Months, and 10 days

A few weeks ago I was making room in the Freezer for groceries and what do I find?!? My year old and then some Wedding cake! Has it only been a year? I swear it was a year 6 months ago??? Anyhow, I pull out the cake and unwrap it and the sweet aroma of freezer burned Dbl. Chocolate cake was all too tempting...um yeah. Luke took one look and begged me not to make him eat it. But I wasnt about to go against tradition!!! Our marriage would be at stake or terrible fate would await us..... So I cut the cake and made Lucas eat his half while I gagged my half down too. Barf! It was so nasty and within an hour my stomach hurt so bad and it felt like I ate a huge bowl of Miracle Whip! So it was super sick but super sweet at the same time. A Tender 1 Year Anniversary at the Benik's...


Side note: It was actually a really amazing moist and chocolatey wonder a year ago. I hope those of you who were there and had some enjoyed it then too : ) And thanks again to Maha for making it so yummy way back when....

2 comments:

Brittany said...

ewwww....and I thought I ate something old from your fridge. Has is only been 1 year?! Feels like 10.

klkw said...

Mmmm...did you save some for me? I did enjoy all its goodness a year ago. C'mon! It couldn't have been that bad...oh wait, I saw the pics...yeah...Luke is one sweet guy to do that for you:) TRADITION!!!