Lola's 18 Months Stats:
Weight 19.07 Lbs.- 1%, Height 30.87 In.- 27%, Head Circumference 18.4 In.- 55%
Weight 19.07 Lbs.- 1%, Height 30.87 In.- 27%, Head Circumference 18.4 In.- 55%
As far as her progresses development wise, she is right on track with everything except talking (and weight still). Since she has only spoken one new word (phrase-"What's this?") since her 15 month check and has a fairly small vocabulary for her age, our Doctor advised us to have Lola see a speech therapist to determine if its in fact her speech, hearing or just that she doesn't feel the need to talk yet. I'm really hoping its the later... and she actually understands everything being said to her so I'm sure its not her hearing/comprehension of speech, but we'll just have to wait and see when we go to the appointment. We also need to schedule to see an asthma specialist since this was Lola's 3rd bout of asthma in 5 months and it appears her preventative medication isn't working as well as it should. So well find out there what all exactly she needs to keep the asthma under better control.
Some new things Lola's been up to these last few months are:
She cut 2 more teeth. All she has left to get are her 2 year molars!
She's gone through a little growth spurt... going from clothes size 12 months (at 15 months old) to now wearing size 12-18 months (but only for length). Her waist still fits a 6-9 month size so we do our best with pants by rolling them at the waist a few times. And she is now a shoe size 4.
She had dropped her second nap several weeks ago, but since the time change, she's been waking up at 630 every morning (regardless of how late we put her down) so she's back to taking two naps. Luckily for me, Luke has gotten up with her nearly every day so I can sleep another hour until he goes to work. I am so NOT a morning person and anything earlier than 830 is absolute torture!
She loves to climb on EVERYTHING and can get up on the beds, couches, drawers and chairs all by herself. This means I have have to watch her that much closer now to make sure she's safe and out of trouble!
She loves to tease still and will laugh all proud of herself when she's teasing or tricking us.
She loves to hid anything and everything- especially small things and her binkis. Luckily, she has a few favorite hiding places that I'll usually find stuff in first. But it can be slightly maddening to see something one minute, have it gone the next and then spend 10 minutes or longer looking for it!!
She can point out her belly button, eyes and nose-which she knows as her Honk-Honk.
She still loves her baby dolls- hugging and kissing them, pushing them in the stroller or feeding them a bottle. And lately, she's been obsessed with bringing them to me to have me wrap them up in one of her silkys.
She knows after a diaper change to take the dirty diaper to the garbage and she gets so excited about doing this task and all proud of herself when she puts it in- even clapping Yay for herself :)
Her latest 'trick' is walking on her tippey-toes. She thinks this is really cool!
She enjoys reading books a lot more now and will bring me books to read to her all day long. Reading before bed now takes 3 times as long because she wants to read 9 books instead of 3. But I cant complain because I love the extra snuggle time with her :) Also, she really likes these toddler shows from our cable's On-Demand that have kids singing and playing to nursery rhymes/songs. She will sit and watch those for up to 20 minutes sometimes which is a lot for our little ADD child who never sat through Baby Einstein videos (or any show for that matter) once she could crawl!!
She is still very friendly and out going with most people and will usually go to anyone who wants to pay attention to her (or give her what she wants), but she now has a favorite person that she prefers even over me and that's Daddy! She loves him to hold her and she will gladly cuddle up next to him on the couch or in a chair while he reads, plays or just sits with her. And if Daddy is home, she will usually go to him first for most things. I try not to be too sad about it because she does spend 100% of the time with me after all and it is kind of nice to have the little breaks so I can catch up on the days chores or go run errands on my own. Here are some pics I snapped of Lolie and Daddy cuddling because they're just too cute together :)
1 comment:
She is such a cutie. I wouldn't feel to bad about not being her favorite person. I think its comes about that time, and is gone by 2 or so. I hope she gets feeling better.
Post a Comment