Friday, December 9, 2011

30 Weeks


30 down and 10 (or less) to go. I'm actually feeling better than I did when I last posted- not as crampy/achy or uncomfortable- except when trying to sleep. This last week, I've barely gotten any sleep because I can't ever seem to find a comfortable position. I toss and turn all night and it doesn't help that we only have a queen bed and most the time Luke is taking up his half and then some. 
As you can see the belly is really starting to take over now. And it seems Ive forgotten just how big I was at the end with Lola because I cant imagine getting any bigger but knowing that I still have 2 more months means I absolutely will. I have finally caught up to what I weighed at this point in my pregnancy with Lola. And I'm sure Ill exceed what I gained total with her but I'm not really sure I care anymore. I have only myself to blame (and lots of chocolate, ice cream, rum cake, cookies, etc). My latest cravings are Sandies cookies and cherry Coke slurpees and Twix. Its no wonder... 
I'm finally starting to feel like were getting close to being ready. Most things are purchased or have been ordered but it all needs putting together and washing, folding, and organizing. Its exciting and scary. I'm even more nervous now about having two little kids. I know it will all be fine, Ill adjust just like everyone else does and will even soon forget what life was like with just one but for now its all I know and I cant help being a little hesitant for this next adventure to begin. 
Everyone wants to know if we have any names picked out. As of now we have 3-4 favorites but just as with Lola, will have to wait to meet Baby Boy and see what he looks like before we decide. With Lola, we went in with a few and after seeing her had to start completely over. I kind of envy the people who have names picked out from day one or even months in advance and can start calling their baby by it before birth. I have 3 cousins all due in the 3 months following me (all 3 with boys as well)  and 2 of them are already set on their names! For now, my brother Taylor is the only one who calls our baby by an actual name- Jean Luc Taylor. *Side story- Taylor has called Luke 'Jean Luc' for years now bc of some dumb story Luke told him where a past client met Luke for the first time and the guy must have misheard his name and thought he was French bc the rest of the meeting he referred to him by Jean Luc (with a french accent :) So of course Baby Boy has to be Jean Luc Jr. but with the middle name of Taylor after (one of) his soon to be favorite uncles! 
 In other news, we're very anxious for Christmas to be here and to spend a wonderful holiday season with our family and friends. It will be over before we know it. I hope you're all enjoying this festive season as well :)

No comments: