Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thirty-Five

 Thirty is old. Thirty-five is super-old. I honestly cant even fathom being that old but luckily I have a few more years before I even get close to having to think about it. Luke however... not so lucky. He turned the big 3-5 on Monday! He seemed to take it pretty well despite a few comments from him throughout the day about how he never thought he'd become this old, where did the time (and his hair) go, etc., etc. I made a point to be overly nice and positive about it for him and didn't even tease him once (bc if anyone teases me the day I turn turn 35 I might go crawl in a hole and die of sadness). Luke chose to celebrate this birthday in the usual fashion- going out to dinner to Market Street and opening gifts and eating cake with the girls. This year, per his request, I made him the most delicious Rum cake. He had 3 or 4 slices that night and has eaten it for breakfast, snack and desert each day since. It's that good! Im surprised there's any left (bc of course I've also had more than my needed share claiming that I'm just getting in my extra 300 (too bad its more like 900) daily calories needed for the boy child :) 

Happy Birthday Luke! I love you and think you're pretty awesome and handsome for a super-old guy. I hope your special day was everything you wanted :)
 

No comments: