We didnt name Rhett until 10 minutes before leaving the hospital. We were back and forth on 2 other names (Miles and Dexter) the entire stay and finally decided that neither of those were right for him. Oddly enough, just a few days before he was born I had gone back through the baby name book looking to see if there were any other name(s) that stood out. I came across Rhett and was surprised to find that I kind of liked it. So we added it to our name list and said we'd think about it over the next few weeks. Well we never really had time to so after he was born, we werent considering it. But when we agreed that our original names didnt seem to fit, we started discussing Rhett. I honestly wasnt sure it was the right one either but within half a day, Luke was positive that it was. I wanted to go home and think about it some more but Luke put his foot down and said that Baby's name was going to be Rhett. And that was that. I'm really glad that we went with it because now it seems perfectly fitting for him. And we've gotten so many compliments on it. Its strong, masculine and very handsome sounding. Not too common (ranked #606 in the US) and not uncommon enough that you've never heard it or it sounds made up. I also think it goes well as a sibling name for Lola. And speaking of her, she calls her new baby brother Baby Rheet, which is adorable :)
Going home
He is a sleeper. I had to wake him up for nearly every feeding. He would however wake on his own to eat at night but would still sleep 4-5 hour stretches in between. He is a good and quiet baby so far. Doesn't really cry, just squawks a little, and only when he's wet, cold, getting his diaper changed or getting a sponge bath.
Antie Oobie and cousin Lincoln came to visit once we came home from the hospital. Lincoln was so in love with the baby and wanted to lay on the kisses and loves all day long. Seriously, every 15-30 minutes without fail, he'd come find the baby and give him more loves. And he was so so sweet and gentle with him. Super cute. I think Linc needs a new baby at his house too :)
Grammy aka Bubbe aka Nana loves her newest Grandson. She has been such a big help and Im so glad she was able to come out and stay for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment