Sunday, July 22, 2012

Six Months

Age- six months!

Weight and height- 16 lbs 2 oz and 26 in

Hair-grew a lot this last month and is getting thicker

Teeth- none- but clearly working on them

Size- can still wear a few of his 3-6 mos clothes and a handful of his 6-9 mos- the rest still flood him. Just moved up to size 3 diapers

Eating- every 3-4 hours during the day and 1-2 times during the night. Ive made it to my goal of six months of exclusively breastfeeding. I was hoping Id be able to make it another 3 months but Im getting to where I cant keep up with his demand. So were working on introducing formula and Im going to plan to nurse him every other meal with the others being formula. He started rice cereal shortly after turning 5 months but wasnt really interested so I waited a few weeks and just started trying it again. Now he wont even open up for it. He has also tried sweet potatoes and bananas. He still has reflux...ugh. It has to be so annoying for him but he handles it well and is such a trooper about it.

Sleeping- wakes up around 6a to eat, goes back down until around 8, naps from around 10 to 11, naps from around 1 to 3 or 4p, has another smaller nap around 5 or 6 and then goes down around 8p, waking around 3a to eat. Ever since our little trip to CA his sleep schedule has gone to crap. For nearly 3 weeks he was waking every 3 hours at night and was up at 6a for good. This last week, hes been getting better and going for longer stretches like 5-6 hours. But I really want my 8-10 hour stretches back!

Movement/development- found his voice- loves to talk to, coo at and yell to himself, others and his toys, transfers objects between hands, gets what he grabs for on the first try, is working on sitting up alone- can do a few seconds at a time

Milestones/firsts- first rice cereal 22 weeks, transfers objects- 22 weeks, first time to CA and to the beach, first solids, first Fourth of July

Favorites- colorful shows and Baby Einsteins DVDs, playmat, baths, watching and playing with Lola, sucking on his thumb or fingers, chewing on anything he can get into his mouth, his chew toy-giraffe, Albert, and his doggie crinkle toy

Dislikes- waiting for his food, being too tired, being hot, rice cereal

Rhett is my always happy boy. He is so chill and easy going about nearly everything. He wakes up every morning so happy and ready to play. Hes great about going down for naps as well as for bed (minus the more frequent waking up in the night these past few weeks). He loves his baths and kicking and splashing. Same with the pool. He has this adorable little giggle that he does and it can be so soft and sweet- almost like a wisper-laugh and is totally cute! He is a total boy and LOVES to be naked. He laughs and squeals with delight the minute his diaper comes off. He is also quite the tooter- just like another boy (man) I know... And whoa can they smell!! Im guessing this a boy thing?! Haha! but even when hes stinky hes adorable. He is handsomer than handsome and I get stopped often by people wanting to tell me how adorable he is and some even asking to hold him. Hes a ladies man already:) I have absolutely loved watching him grow and learn these past six months and am looking forward to all the rest of his firsts including crawling, walking and talking. I am so head over heels in love with him and couldn't have asked for a better baby or blessing in our lives. He is a wonderful addition to our family and we are so lucky hes ours!


1 comment:

Alli and Rick said...

He is so cute! 6 months is a fun age. And I totally understand about the traveling messing up the sleep schedules. July has done it to us too- I also long for those 8 hour stretches back! At least he is so smiley and cute it makes it all worth it. And I do like his hair!