Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eight Months!



Another month has flown by and now our baby girl is 8 months old! I seriously cant believe how fast it all has passed. It has been a crazy month for us as we had Christmas, New Years, and a new nephew born plus traveling to Denver twice in a 3 week period. Lola did great during our trips -even sleeping and napping the same as she does at home with no trouble or set backs after returning. We couldnt have asked for a more easy going, happy as can be, very sweet, lovable, beautiful, charming and completely adorable baby! We love her so much and enjoy watching her grow and learn everyday. This month has definitely been the biggest in terms of accomplishing and trying new things. So far this past month Lola:
  • Learned to roll to her right finally. Yay!!
  • Found her voice and is jabbering/babbling all the time now
  • Is developing a very cute sense of humor- laughing, giggling, and smiling a ton
  • FINALLY took an entire (3 oz) bottle for the first time (plus a few more times since then) Biggest yay ever!! (you have no idea the happiness this bring to a mother who has yet to go out on a date alone with her handsome husband since May 2009) Bring on the babysitters!
  • Learned to go from laying down to sitting up on her own
  • We noticed she has a cute (new?) circular dimple on the bottom right corner of her chin when she smiles/laughs really big. So Cute!
  • She loves to pull her socks off ALL the time and especially right after she wakes up from her naps. She has also decided she loves having her back tickled and massaged as well as her legs and feet massaged while being lotion-ed up after her baths. She definitely gets both those from Mommy (for those who dont know me, I HATE socks- I think I own maybe 2 pair beacause I wear flip flops everywhere and heels where I cant wear sandals)
  • Some of her favorite games are peekaboo, others pretending to 'get her', and fake coughing- cracks herself right up. She also cracks up at the words stinky and sneaky when we exaggerate saying them to her and loves when I play telephone with her feet and we call Daddy.
  • At 8 and a half months Lola is finally outgrowing her 3-6 months clothes and is just at the starting weight for 6-9 month sizes! I bought many of her clothes before she was born so all the winter clothes I had bought are probably going to start fitting her about the spring time! I have to laugh because I should have known better (speaking of clothes shes never worn yet, this cutest dress that I took her 8 month picture in is one of my favorite dresses of hers (thanks Cindi!) but its a 3-6 month size and didnt fit her during the warmer months, and even still is slightly big, but I had to get a picture of her in it before it doesnt fit, so I cranked up the heat for our shoot and pretended it wasnt January outside)
  • She sleeps 11-12 hours at night (still waking for a 4am feeding) and takes a 2 hour nap mid-morning, another 1-1 and 1/2 nap early-mid afternoon and occasionally another 1/2 hour nap if we need her to stay up later that night (all naps are still in her swing). She now goes down for bed around 7-730 pm.
  • Her eating schedule is currently nursing 5 times a day, with cereal and fruit for breakfast, vegetables for lunch, and cereal and (buttered) vegetables with meat for dinner. She is eating stage 2 foods and will soon be ready for stage 3. She loves trying new finger foods and some of her favorites so far are: gerber puffs, biter biscuits, english muffin, french fries, bread/toast, bananas, avocado, and pretty much anything her Daddy feeds her that he shouldnt :) Dislikes are peaches, mangos, plums, jarred mac n cheese, and ketchup.
Cutest baby feet ever!
Mommy's beautiful baby doll

3 comments:

Brittany said...

She's getting SO big! I laughed when you talked about her pulling off her socks. Just like her mommmy, too cute.

The Miner's said...

She is getting so big! She is so cute. I hope all is going well you guys! Miss ya!

The Barneys said...

She is so cute! Are you still on traverse?