Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Success!

Last night Lola had her first 'real' babysitter come over while Luke and I went out for the evening. Before now, its either been family or one of our good neighbors or friends that have watched her. Partly because we haven't gone out that much since she was born (which is directly related to the second part)- Ive been too nervous to leave her with anyone else. I finally realized that if we waited any longer to start having sitters come, it might come back to really hurt us in that she would end up not taking to a babysitter very well, making it an even longer process before Luke and I could start going out on a more frequent basis. SO. I called up a highly recommended girl from our ward who is 15 and VERY responsible and asked her if she would tend Lola on Valentines. She was happy to meet Lola and they hit it off right away. Lola took her straight over to show off her toys and play and only cried for a minute or two when we first left, then forgot all about us. I was actually most nervous about the sitter putting Lola down for bed as I don't think anyone else had yet so I thought for sure she'd put up a fight. But she didn't! The sitter said Lola went straight down (with a few peeps here and there) and quickly fell right to sleep. I could not believe our luck with what a good, big-girl Lola was last night and am so excited to finally start going on more dates with my husband again and not worry about leaving Lola with someone I don't know or her having a hard time without us!

1 comment:

The Miner's said...

That's good news! I haven't left Max with anyone else but my parents. I'm sure once he gets older I'll be okay with it but I get nervous about it too.